PROCESS INSTALLATION DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION SERVICES:
Proper installation is vital to the long-term success of manufacturing systems. At KBD Group, we know what it takes to design, build, upgrade, and reconfigure manufacturing facilities. We understand how to seamlessly integrate process and building requirements to achieve the ultimate objective for a successful operation. Our engineering and construction staff understands the diligence required to install a wide range of process equipment for integration to clients' manufacturing systems.
What is Process Installation?
Process Installation usually involves equipment attached to a facility and assimilated into its manufacturing process. Process Design can be the design of new facilities or it can be included in the modification or expansion of existing facilities. The design starts at a conceptual level and ultimately ends in the form of fabrication and construction plans. Process Installation is a vital part of putting the machine into service. If the installation is carried out carefully using the correct procedures, it is an asset in the machine´s process, serviceability, and reliability for the duration of the system’s life.
Jeff Tutman Shares Process Design and Construction Q&A:
Jeff Tutman, Vice President and Industrial Engineering Manager, has over 26 years of construction and engineering related experience. In the past five years, Jeff has worked over ten successful projects that involved Process Installation. Recently, he took some time to answer a few questions regarding Process Installation:
Question: What type of personnel is needed to assure the success of the installation?
- Ensuring the Building and Process design is aligned. BIM modeling has proven to be very effective in allowing Building and Process Designs to be coordinated with Process Equipment Installations.
- Gathering all necessary information from the Owner and the equipment manufacturers in a timely manner.
- Coordinating work between Building and Process trades to maintain the construction schedule.
- Supporting the Owner’s design change during construction, while still keeping the original construction schedule.
Question: What tips can you provide clients if they are looking to install complex equipment?
Organize documentation required, including:
- Scope of Work document that clearly identifies the details.
- Equipment List with Dimensions/Weight/Utility Requirements
- Drawings - Mechanical, Electrical, P&ID, Equipment Layout, and Controls
- Clearly identify the schedule for the entire project so all parties have a clear understanding of expectations and deadlines.
- Hire the right company to manage the entire process and ultimately, assist the Owner in manufacturing a product.
KBD GROUP & Process and Construction Installation
KBD Group’s goal is to maximize the efficiency and performance of our clients’ businesses. KBD Group’s “operations first” philosophy enables KBD to integrate the building constructions and process operations by understanding our clients’ operational needs and goals. With continuous improvement year after year, KBD Group will strive to exceed customer satisfaction by providing the highest quality standards in equipment and process installation. For more information on Process Installation click link below: