Jim Goodwin “Keynote,” Speaker at the 2017 Tire Technology Expo
Jim Goodwin, Senior Vice President of Kajima Building and Design Group, was a keynote speaker at the Tire Technology Expo which took place in Germany on February 15, 2017. At the event, Jim spoke on the topic of “Development and Construction of New Manufacturing Facilities.” Attendees gained insight and knowledge pertaining to building a new tire manufacturing facility or expanding an existing facility.
Who is Jim Goodwin?
KBD’s Jim Goodwin, Senior Vice President, is considered an expert in the planning, design, and construction of tire manufacturing plants and is sought after by leaders in the industry. Jim has been heavily involved in the execution and construction of many tire projects since 2008. This experience allows him to fully understand the evolution of the tire manufacturing market.
Goodwin’s Tire Presentation Topics
During the session, Jim provided valuable information to the attendees, sharing his knowledge of the design and construction process. Below you will find a list of the topics from the discussion:
- Navigation of a Successful Project
- Selection of a Delivery Method
- Hiring of the Correct Firm
- Expanding an Existing Facility
- Construction Phase Considerations
- Duration of the Construction Phase
- Coordination with International Engineers
- 10 Common Planning Mistakes to Avoid (mentioned below)
10 Common Planning Mistakes to Avoid Before Starting Your Project
During the session, Jim provided valuable information to the attendees, sharing his knowledge of the design and construction process. Below you will find a list of the topics from the discussion: Whether you are getting ready to build a new project or to expand an existing facility, it is wise to avoid as many mistakes as possible. This can save time and money and will allow the construction process to run more efficiently. Below, Jim Goodwin shares his list of “10 Common Mistakes to Avoid Before Starting a Project.” This list highlights one of the topics discussed at the Tire Technology Expo of 2017.
- This Project Will Be The Same as Before or A Past One
- The Budget Process Is Not Correct
- Personnel Who Understand the Project Are Not Involved
- Users of the Plant Are Not Involved Until the Project Is Near Completion
- Team Doesn’t Realize a Delayed Equip Purchase Changes Project Scope
- Project Started With a Limited Plan
- Design Team Does Not Understand the Owner’s Systems and Requirements Fully
- Team Doesn’t Take Challenges Seriously or Underestimate Challenges
- Late Changes to the Owner’s Team
- Poor Management of the Project
Tire Technology Expo 2017
The Tire Technology Expo is the premier showcase for the global tire design, development, and manufacturing industry. The Winners of the 2017 Expo included Bridgestone, Continental, and Sumitomo Rubber Industries. To view more information about the event click here.
KBD Tire Experience:
KBD is proud to play a great role in helping the economy by providing design/build services major tire companies throughout the United States. Over the past 12 years, KBD has built more than 23 million square-feet of automotive related manufacturing facilities, totaling $1.3+ billion in investment monies generated. Of these projects, KBD has designed or constructed 11 tire manufacturing facilities, totaling almost six million square feet. KBD stands ready to help by providing the highest quality service to clients so they may maximize their business goals. Having provided design/build services for major tire manufacturers across the United States, KBD is proud to consider themselves tire manufacturing experts. Please Contact Us to learn how we can help build your next project.